- About This Book
- Other Binding, Edition Books (0)
The Joint Book features illustrated instructions for over 70 joints--providing easy-to-follow step-by-step directions for creating edge and scarf joints, lapped and housed joints, mortise and tenon joints, miters and bevels, dovetails, dowels and biscuits, and detailed descriptions of fasteners, hardware, and knockdown joints. This book is the perfect companion for any woodworker interested in improving their joint-making skills.
This hardcover book with internal spiral binding is 6.5" 8", the perfect size for carpenters and woodworkers to keep near their workbench or toolbox for quick access.The design of this book allows it to lay open flat for easy and frequent reference. The interior photographs, illustrations, and diagrams make the learning process simple and fun for beginners, while advanced readers will gain insight from the book's useful tips.
Within, you'll find:
- Step-by-step illustrated instructions for making all the basic joints in every joint family--mortise and tenon, dovetails, miters, and more--and their variations.
- Both hand tool methods and power tool techniques, plus a variety of easy-to-build jigs.
- How the nature of wood and its properties affect joinery, glue, and furniture design.
The Joint Book is the ultimate workshop reference, providing woodworkers with the knowledge to choose the right joint for the job.
- ISBN-10: 0785822275
- ISBN-13: 9780785822271
- Binding: Spiral
- Language: English
- Pages: 192
- Dimensions: 6.50 (w) x 7.99 (h) x 0.98 (d)